POST COVID-19 TRANSITION RESIDENTIAL TENANTS
NSW Government initiated temporary measures in April 2020, to help support landlords and tenants who were affected by Covid-19.
Today, 4TH MARCH 2021, the Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation, Kevin Andrews, announced the Government will introduce legislation to begin a six-month transition back to normal tenancy laws, starting with the expiry of the eviction moratorium and rental negotiation requirements on 26 March.
- In summary, from 27 March:
- Covid-19 residential tenancy measures will be repealed.
- New legislation will prevent tenants from being automatically evicted due to Covid-19 rental areas.
- Landlords and tenants will be supported in drawing up rental repayment plans.
- Covid-19 impacted tenants will be protected from being blacklisted on tenancy databases for arrears.